Safe Shopping Guarantee — Online Purchases
Thank you for shopping at www.askthemeatman.com. We've done our very best to ensure the privacy and security as you conduct business with us.
Our online purchases are processed by 2Checkout.com,
which carries the following guarantee:
- The 2Checkout.com Shopping Guarantee protects you when you pay through 2Checkout.com, so that you never have to worry about credit card safety. Period.
- If you are not satisfied with the product or service provided by a 2Checkout.com partner (such as Ask The Meatman), contact us immediately. We will intercede and work to resolve the dispute to the satisfaction of all parties. If the matter cannot be resolve we will issue credits as necessary.
- 2Checkout.com assumes responsibility for its selling partners if they fail to provide the goods or service paid for and become unreachable or unresponsive, the buyers funds will be returned and it will be 2Checkout.com's responsibility to pursue the matter with your assistance.
- You will never pay charges made to your card through unauthorized parties, contact us if there are charges on your bill you do not recognize.
- *To protect you from catastrophic losses, under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges that are not the result of negligence or fraud on your part.*
- Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. 2Checkout.com does not allow any transactions that do not occur on a Secure connection.
For security reasons card numbers are transmitted directly to the banking network for authorization. 2Checkout.com DOES NOT record your card number anywhere.
Goods and services provided by Jackson Frozen Food Locker
Sold by 2CheckOut.com Inc. (Ohio, USA)
Is it safe to order online?
Yes. Our site makes use of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol and 128-bit strong encryption to provide the highest level of security available. This system is safer than ordering over a phone, a fax, or even using your card in stores where your credit card information is sent over a phone line without any encryption. When Ask The Meatman uses SSL, your transactions are coded before being processed. Never order from a merchant who requests your credit card information by e-mail, or through a non-secure form.
How can I tell when it is secure?
To check the security of your connection, look at the lower right or left-hand corner of your browser window when you make an order. If you see a closed lock or unbroken key picture ( actual image depends on your browser), then SSL is active and the website is secure.
You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser (at the top of your screen). When accessing a secure website, the first characters of the site address will change from "http" to "https." Right now the website should not be secure, because there is no secure information being passed to us. You will notice a change during the checkout process when you enter payment information. You do not have to complete an order in order to test this out.
If you are about to send information to an insecure site, your browser will warn you that the site is not secure.
Will my Credit Card Company protect me?
Yes. All major credit card companies have accepted ordering online as a legitimate means of payment and are fully prepared to deal with unauthorized credit card usage. Just like in the real world, if your card number is misappropriated, you are not responsible for fraudulent activity later charged to your card. Please visit your credit card's website to read this firsthand:
We employ servers using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption for the secure exchange of data between the customers and our system. The system supports 128bit SSL encryption on most browsers.
These are used to authenticate the identities of both the sender and receiver when the data is being transmitted to our credit card processor gateway.
The Transaction system resides behind a Firewall, which prevents unauthorized access to information.
After a transaction is processed the information is sent to the bank over private dedicated lines, not back out over the Internet.
Fraud Protection System
Our elaborate Fraud Protection system works in cooperation with major Canadian and U.S. card processors to authorize credit card transactions in real time. This allows for extensive automatic checks that substantially reduce risk from fraud. Some of the checks include valid card number check, duplicate order check, spending patterns checks, frequency of card usage, and guards against automatic card generator programs. Fraudulent IP addresses and credit card numbers are also blocked regularly.
|WARNING: We take fraud seriously. It is a crime to purchase products with a false name or with the use of an invalid credit card. (An invalid credit card is one that is created for the sole purpose of purchasing items illegally or using a credit card or its information, via theft or unauthorized use.) It is also illegal to misuse the charge back process to take advantage of merchants. If you are a victim of fraud or if you are a perpetrator, be aware that we will actively pursue and prosecute fraud offenders to the fullest extent of the law.|
Fraud offenders not only take advantage of online merchants and consumers, but they also abuse a system, which the Internet community depends on.
Although most fraud offenders use free email services, false names, mail drops, or different bill-to addresses, many are not aware that their web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify and locate them. Currently, both the FBI and the U.S. Secret Service are responsible for investigating.
Last Updated -
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 02:33 PM